0 of 65 questions completed
You must specify a text.
You must specify an email address.
You must specify a number.
You must fill out this field.
You must specify a text.
You must specify a text.
TOEIC TESTS – MINI TEST
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading...
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You have to finish following quiz, to start this quiz:
0 of 65 questions answered correctly
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 points, (0)
1. Why did Lisa quit her old job?
2. When did she apply for a job?
3. What is true about Lisa’s new job?
4. What does the man want to do?
5. Why can’t Jean go with Steve?
6. What is true about Steve?
1. Swing shift jobs are during what ties of the day?
2. When do people on graveyard shifts usualle work?
3. What is flex-time?
4. How many hours a day did the person work in his old?
5. What kinds of benefits does his new job have?
6. How does the man save money on gasoline?
1. Johnny continued to make ……………., though he was told not to.
2. …………….what to do, he just waited until his father arrived.
3. He has traveled to Africa before, …………..?
4. Mike …………..repaired the car.
5. I’m afraid we……………the day very much.
6. “Didn’t you ………….the exam?” “No, I did not.”
7. I would like you……………go out with him at night.
8. He may ……………been there before.
9. My grandfather moves slowly and speaks…………..
10. Mr. Lee…………….better than he writes.
11. Roger …………….nor flowers when he was in prison.
12. Venus ……………the closest planet to the sun; Mercury is.
13. On my trip to Italy, I lost a suitcase, broke my glasses, and ……………my flight home.
14. The children enjoy playing in the sand and ………….in the ocean.
15. Let’s ……………..the art gallery first, and then have some lunch.
It will soon be time to file your tax returns. We will not be issuing financial statements automatically to…(1)…….employees as we have done in the past. If you need a statement of your income for the past year, please apply…(2)…….writing to the Accounting office as soon as possible. Please give the accounting office the following information:
• Full name
• Social security number
• Employee number
• Company department
• Home address
We will mail all statements to your home address. If you wish to receive your statement at a different address, please be sure to inform us. Because we anticipate a large response to this memo, we have …(3)……… a deadline of March 15th . You must send your …(4)……..by this date, or we cannot guarantee your statement.
Questions 5-8 refer to the following letter
22 High Street
Mr. John Edwards,
14 Taylor’s Lane
Dear John Edwards,
Thank you for …(5)…….to Uxbridge Bank last week for an interview. It was a pleasure to meet you and talk with you. I and my colleagues were very impressed with your knowledge and experience. If therefore gives me great …(6)…….to be able to offer you a position. We would like you to start on Thursday February 2nd , for a two day training period. Your full duties would begin on Monday February 6th . If you are …(7)……….in this position, please telephone me on 012-220-772 before 2 p.m. on January 24th . If I have not …(8)……..from you by then, I will assume you are no longer interested.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Questions 9-12 refer to the following memo
To : Molly Green and Alistair Debrett
From : Health and Safety Department
Re : First Aid Training
It has come to our attention that you have not …(9)…..completed a basic first aid training course. All employees must have first aid training …(10)……two years.
You must attend a training course on March 27th. The course will start at 9 a.m. and will finish at 6 p.m. We will inform your department. You will be paid one hour of overtime because it ……(11)…..later than your regular work hours. If you do not attend the course you will lose one day’s salary. If you really cannot attend on March 27th, you must inform us immediately or it will be too late to change the date. Thank you for your …(12)…….
Questions 1-3 refer to the following letter
Beginning next month, we will no longer be accepting Orange Cat Coffee Coupons. The recent increasing price of coffee beans has made it difficult to keep both the everyday low prices that our customers have come to expect and high quality of our drinks. We have decided not to raise prices. Instead, we will do away with the coupon system. We will continue to accept coupons until the end of the month.
Thank you for your choosing The Orange Cat.
1. What is the name of the coffee shop?
2. Coupons will continue to be accepted until when?
3. What does the coffee shop plan to stop using?
Questions 4-7 refer to the following notice
We will not be monitoring worker, but we do expect you to stick to this timing. For a cooperative office atmosphere, we need workers to feel that everyone is working equal hours. As this is the official policy for a company, no exceptions will be allowed. From next month, we will be introducing a bonus system for all employees who give up smoking for more than three months. More information will be given at a later date. If you feel that this policy is somehow unfair or that you are being discriminated against, we encourage you to contact your department’s supervisor.
4. According to this notice, smoking is not allowed in which of the following?
5. What is the allowed length of time for smoke breaks?
6. If workers feel that the smoking policy is unfair, whom should they contact?
7. What will happen next month?
Questions 8-11 refer to the following article
Step One : Don’t come to work on time. If you want to fail at work, then don’t be on time. Punctuality or being where you should when you should, is a common trait or successful people. If you don’t want to succeed, be late for all of your appointments.
Step Two : Don’t ask questions. Successful people often try to learn what they don’t already know. They ask questions if they are unsure of a situation or a procedure. If you want to fail, make sure you keep your questions to yourself.
Step Three : never learn new things. In order to get ahead in your career, it is necessary to keep yourself updated on current information in your field. Information changes quickly; if you want to be left behind, then don’t keep up with the changes.
Step Four : Don’t mind your own business. MYOB, or Mind Your Own Business, means not getting involved in office gossip. If you talk about others behind their backs, then you can expect that others are talking about you as well. So if you want to fail, stick your nose where it does not belong.
8. According to the article, what does punctuality mean?
9. According to this article, what is true about successful people?
10. What does MYOB mean?
11. What are the steps of failure?
Questions 12-16 refer to the following graph and article.
Theft at Work
According to a recent survey, a majority of workers don’t consider taking paper and pens home from work to be stealing. The Survey and Polling Institute of New York interviewed one hundred office workers aged 25-35. All of the workers had been at there current place of employment for at least 2 years. All workers were working full time. “ I don’t steal. I’m not a theft”, says one man who has been working for his company for five years. “ Sometimes I take office supplies home…but that is different from stealing”. He said that he usually gave paper and pens to his children for school homework. “ I work hard for this company, and I think the office supplies are a perk of the job. Anyway, I often use the pens to do extra work at home, too.
Do I really need do buy pens just to do company work at home? I don’t think so”. According to the chart above, only 8 percent of people think that taking pens and pencils from work is stealing. This means that 92 percent don’t think of it as theft. In the same group, only 20 percent said that taking desktop items like staplers and memo holders was stealing. 80 percent did not consider it wrong. However, 90 percent said that taking computer accessories like a mouse or a keyboard was wrong. They said that taking cheap items was OK. This 90 percent or workers said they often took items that cost less than $5, but anything that cost more than $10 was too expensive. 10 percent didn’t see a problem with it.
12. Which type of category id the theft related to ?
13. According to the information above, taking which item would most likely be considered theft?
14. According to the chart, which item are employees likely to take home from work most often?
15. How many people took part in the survey?
16. How expensive were the items most worker took home?